I’m genuinely sorry that so many actors will be boycotting the Oscars. Because we’ll miss them on the red carpet. . . where the real competition is!
After years of styling for award shows, I know that more time goes into getting that look right than the months it took Leo to morph into a grizzly bear-man. We regularly went through 15 different dresses, only to decide to do a custom piece with a designer. Then the nails! And the hair! And the make-up! Week after week of experimentation, dieting, and obsessive pinterest-ing—only to have the hero look wrinkled and ruined by a rambunctious limo ride or an unflattering pose on camera.
Thank Gucci I’m just watching from home this year!
But it is possible to have all the fun of the red carpet without the dress stress: take a Red Carpet Tour de Couture. Join me!
* Tour some of LA’s best red carpet designers
* Learn the inside tricks and tips of a red carpet stylist
* Drive down Hollywood Blvd to see where the red carpets are set up
* Have a luxe lunch near the venue itself
* Take a makeup lesson and learn how to contour and glow like the stars
* And of course, drink champagne!
Go to www.tourdecouturela.com to reserve– and get ready to paint the town red!